*** January 2nd, 2022 Update- If you feel sick, you or someone you live with has Covid19 or you have been in contact with Covid 19 in the last 10 days please reschedule your appointment then we look forward to pampering you. Our entire staff have been double vaccinated and have either had the booster or will be getting it very soon .***
Proof of Vaccination is required for guests
with booked appointments.
All staff and clients must wear a mask and we are asking that everyone must be double vaccinated before booking an appointment with us. The reason for this is we can not social distance and some of our staff have children under 5 years of age that at this point can not be vaccinated so it’s very important that our staff stay healthy.
Thank you Bliss Spa
The staff at Bliss are very proud to say that we have all been double vaccinated against Covid-19! We happily do our part in order to protect ourselves, our clients, and our community- especially our frontline heroes and young children.
Coming into the New Year and facial season we want to put you at ease and remind you that while we’re taking care of your skin you can fully relax knowing that we wear an additional mask in order to ‘wear your mask for you!’
As we navigate constantly changing mandates and rules we ask that you remain patient and calm, and respect the boundaries we put in place to ensure our mutual safety and comfort while treating you. We acknowledge that everyone has experienced this time in their own ways and as a staff, we have weathered the storm as a united front and will continue to do so until things are settled- which if we all cooperate will be sooner rather than later. We send our heartfelt thanks to all of our loyal clientele who have supported us throughout this time.
As a company, we’ve been closely following the evolving impact of the novel coronavirus(COVID-19). Our mission has and always will be to provide our guests with the best experience in the safest environment. With this in mind, we have been closely following the guidance of the Health authorities in British Columbia, WorkSafeBC, CMTBC as well as the Beauty Council of BC, taking steps above and beyond to ensure the safety of our guests and our staff.
Our owner Nicole graduated from Blanche Macdonald and passed all her board exams in 1992, at that time esthetics was government regulated so she has been board certified covering all health guidelines and has been strictly following them ever since.
Nicole has updated her qualifications through the Beauty Council of Canada. You can see our Beauty Safe Certification posted at Bliss Spa.
Nicole sent an email on May 1st, 2020 to Dr. Bonnie Henry and the Honorable Adrian Dix regarding what we do at Bliss and what our plan was for our reopening. Dr. Henry’s team responded with the following words of encouragement:
“I commend you for your steadfast commitment to the health and safety of our communities, your civil diligence does not go unnoticed. It has taken great care and collective effort for all industries to meet dynamic public health needs during this time, including the unfortunate temporary closures of your industry. We recognize that many personal service establishments take pride in meeting and exceeding infection prevention and control protocols, as per the Guidelines for Personal Service Establishments and provincial BeautySafe Certification. You have described that your business is held to a high quality of these standards, and we appreciate the leadership you demonstrate in your industry.”
On July 16th, 2020 Bliss had our unannounced visit from the Vancouver Island Health inspector to do our report on our Covid 19 protocols and we passed with flying colors. The inspector said we were one of the very few businesses that didn’t need to change or add anything to our protocols which is rare. If anything they said we do more to keep our clients and staff safe.
Bliss Spa has implemented the following precautionary measures on top of our existing high standard of rigorous and strict sanitation standards. Link to our existing sterilization protocols
What we are doing
- We will be screening each client at the time of arrival for your service.
- We will be limiting the number of guests we have in the spa at a given time so that clients can keep to the distancing guidelines of 2 meters. We are so fortunate to have a large space with all private rooms.
- Our waiting room will now be located outside in front of the spa.
- Every treatment room, common space, and bathroom including hard surfaces, beds, and door handles will be cleaned using medical-grade cleaner after every client and before the next client.
- Our staff will not come to work if we are sick.
- Spa coordinators will be wiping surfaces down and door handles regularly.
- We are staying informed and taking all steps recommended by public health officials.
- PPE as recommended by Work Safe BC. It is mandatory for Staff to arrive wearing a mask during their shift at Bliss and we wear a mask and a second mask for facials and facial waxing( so we are wearing your mask for you)
- Bliss has an air vac system so we have proper air flow thru the spa.
- The amount of cleaning we do between every client and wearing double masks for our entire shift is very hard work so please be kind, be calm, be safe, and patient.
What You Can Do
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment and please do not walk into the spa, please wait at our welcome sign and let us assist you.
- Please use our hand sanitizer or spray upon arrival and wash your hands regularly.
- Please do not bring anyone with you including children.
- Bring a drink of water with you in your own reusable travel container. Please no food. Unfortunately we can not service tea at this time as we do not have restaurant approved dishwashes.
- You can pay in advance if you like via e-transfer or by calling in your credit card or GC.
- Dr. Henry requires that it is mandatory to wear a mask during personal services. Please bring your own. We do have some available for purchase.
- DO NOT wear gloves to the spa. We will be spraying your hands with our health approved aromatherapy hand sanitizer before you enter the spa.
- We, unfortunately, won’t have magazines for you to catch up on the gossip so bring a book to read if you wish.
- Please make sure you have provided us with your correct email address for contact tracing.
- Please do not come to see us if you are sick, or are at high risk.
- VERY IMPORTANT TO READ: If you are sick and need to cancel an appointment please remember to give us as much time as possible preferably at least 24-hour notice, if you feel sick the evening before your apt and/or morning so between 5 pm-8:30 am please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org as we read these email 24/7 and can notify the service provider not to come in or fill it with someone on the waiting list. Your last chance to notify us of sickness without being charged is between 8:30 am-9 am, waiting till before your appointment or no-showing is unacceptable (this will result in you not being able to book with us again unless you pay in full for the appointment.). Remember if you cancel an appointment because of illness we ask you to call us back in 10 days to reschedule (following self-isolation requirements)
What we can do Together
- Our lobby will be for your eyes only in regards to product purchases so we will do all the collecting, wiping clean, and packaging up for you. We won’t have any testers so please if you are purchasing a product for the first time please ask for a sample to accompany your purchase as returns won’t be accepted during the covid pandemic.
- Calling to purchase products and paying in advance to maintain social distancing is the easiest way to order products. You can also order on our online site shopmybliss.ca (free delivery in Victoria over $100.00). If you do stop by to purchase product/gift certificates please be aware you may need to take a seat in one of the outside seats or wait in the car until a staff member is free. We also have a reserved parking spot for curbside pickup just call in advance- 2506580333
- Communication is key to a safe environment for everyone so please feel free to call 250-658-0333 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
By attending this appointment you acknowledge that you understand physical distancing is not possible during your hands-on service, so there is still a very small risk of exposure via asymptomatic transmission, despite all of our best efforts.